The Kincaid surname is tied to the lands of Kincaid in the Parish of Campsie, Stirling County, Scotland. These lands are located north of Kirkintilloch, forming a northwest angle between the River Kelvin and its tributary, the Glazert. They lie about nine and a half miles northeast of the center of Glasgow.
It's believed that the Kincaids may be descendants of the Earls of Lennox, who were the owners of these lands in the late 12th century.
Over the centuries, the extent of the lands owned by the Kincaids fluctuated, but their heartland remained between the Campsie Fells and what is now the town of Kirkintilloch.
At the center still stands Kincaid House, parts of which date back to around 1570. To the east was Auchinreoch, once known as the "Prince's House" since it was occupied by a succession of eldest sons of the Lairds of Kincaid. However, it later became the property of a branch of the Kincaids of Warriston.
The confluence of the River Kelvin and the Glazert
Dedicated to fostering widespread interest in the Kincaid family and Scottish heritage.
© 2023 Clan Kincaid Association International